Leaders in defence and security are putting Area X.O and world-class expertise to work to advance innovation, R&D and commercialization.
Area X.O helps accelerate the development, testing, validation, demonstration of new security and defence technology-driven products and services. As a G7 capital city and headquarters for most federal government departments, Ottawa is the national hub for Canada’s Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) sector.
Anchored by Fortune 500 companies, Ottawa has a cluster of globally competitive ADS small and medium-sized enterprises. These companies have large reservoirs of top talent. In fact, our region is home to more than 190 companies that employ 10,000+ professionals with ADS expertise.
Test and prove
Area X.O is a rich test facility and proving ground with:
- Access to prospective ADS R&D business collaborators, customers, investors and suppliers
- More than 1,800 acres of gated land
- Advanced networks, including pre-commercial 5G
- A selection of CAVs and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Collaborate with global leaders
Area X.O is proud to support and collaborate with global leaders in defence, public safety and security, including:
- Companies such as Provectus Robotics Solutions and Irdeto
- Law enforcement, first responders and public safety organizations
- Government departments and agencies, including:
- Communications Security Establishment (CSE)
- Canada’s Department of National Defence (DND)
- Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) and
- Unmanned Systems Canada
The problem-spaces within the defense and security industry are complex. There are multiple factors that have to be considered. Engineers, scientists, and military experts work together to develop and analyze multiple real-world scenarios in the form of digital mission engineering. Ansys STK is a key tool in developing scenarios and running system-of-systems analysis to showcase the state-of-the-art technologies. The tool kit can connect with Ansys HFSS, which simulates antennas, to improve the digital twin fidelity.
Register for free today to access Area X.O’s Simulation Portal and to request a free consultation on how simulation testing is the solution you need.
“Irdeto is a world leader in digital platform security that provides solutions for video, gaming, connected transport, connected manufacturing and connected health solutions. Although our headquarters is in the Netherlands, Ottawa represents one of our largest R&D offices. Canada’s Capital offers such a diverse workforce with top tech talent and industry-grade infrastructure and facilities such as Area X.O. It is exactly what we need to compete internationally. It just couldn’t be a better fit for a company like ours.”
Andrew Williams, Senior Systems Architect, Connected Transport, Irdeto (Ottawa)
Learn more about our capabilities and explore how we can help you, today.Connect with Us