Our state-of-the-art facility offers a safe and secure environment for the creation, testing, and demonstration of innovative technologies.
Area X.O is the futureplex of innovation and collaboration. Our state-of-the-art facility offers a safe and secure environment to create, test and demonstrate future mobility, autonomy and connected technologies. Any innovation. Any application. Any sector… from transportation and telecom to smart agriculture, defence, aerospace, public safety, and smart cities.
Evolving from the Ottawa L5 Connected and Autonomous Vehicle (CAV) Facility, Area X.O is proudly established and led by Invest Ottawa. We passionately pursue our vision: to unleash and realize the potential, power and impact of visionary technologies to improve our world and human lives.
Global Innovation Playground
Anchored in Ottawa, Canada’s Capital, we:
- Deliver services and programs to help innovators, across all sectors and scientific disciplines, seize new opportunities, address grand challenges and create novel technological solutions
- Leverage decades of telecom and cybersecurity expertise, combine tech and knowhow from diverse industries and disciplines and help innovators put these capabilities to work to achieve audacious goals
A future-focused facility
Area X.O is a 1,866 acre facility that offers:
- V2X (vehicle-to-everything) testing, validation and demonstration in a four-season climate with temperatures from -39 to +39 degrees Celsius (-102 to +102 degrees Fahrenheit)
- The first integrated test facilities of its kind in North America with GPS (RTK), dedicated short-range communications (DSRC), WiFi, 4G/LTE, 5G telecommunications and networking infrastructure; cybersecurity solutions; and industry-leading data gathering, analysis and cloud capabilities
- Canal Geomatics | Terris GPS
- Cohda Wireless
- ENCQOR 5G
- Farmers Edge
- Hexagon | AutonomouStuff
- InDro Robotics
- MH Corbin
- Kanata North Business Association